Greenery all around soothes our eyes and mind. Evening snacks and tea with our friends and relatives by sitting in our home gardens fill us with enthusiasm and excitement. Small flower plants grown in large Terracotta pots give us a feeling of pride and pleasure. Repeated glances at these pots with beautifully trimmed small plants impress the visitors too that can’t just help appreciating us.
How to buy the right pot – Many homeowners are fond of beautiful flowers that quench their thirst for charm and enthusiasm. Most of them prefer buying large Terracotta pots that facilitate soul touching flower plants that spread sweet fragrance.
Those in the market to buy these pots should focus upon the following:
- Material – First of all think about the specific material with which your chosen pot is made of. It could be ceramic or the terra cotta. Both of them are able to breathe well. Placing them indoors or the outdoors works well. Avoid keeping the succulents in the hot sun as it could end up in drying of the soil. Plastic, wood, glass or metal could be the right choices as regards the large Terracotta pots. Consult the wise planters that are familiar with the features of these materials.
- Plastic is also used in making the pots and planters. Not easily breakable, plastic-made pots run for prolonged periods. Water does not get evaporated in easy manners.
- Wood is another good material that is used for making pots for our household plants and flowers. Eye catching pots made from wood are quite popular these days. Wood is such a material that remains cool in direct sunlight or hot rays. Wood is able to remain cool and retain water that is good for the flower plants.
- Metal is another good material that is generally used for making pots for plants and flowers. Be wise to purchase metal-made pots if the environment is not prone to sudden temperature-changes as this material would enhance heating up of soil in quick manners.
- Then there is the glass that is also used in making of pots for flowers and small plants. Be wise to ask for drainage facility when you buy such pots. So it is wise to ask for wide opening option that allows sufficient flow of air in glass-made pots. Be careful in handling such pots and keep away from your sweet kids.
- Perfect drainage – Sufficiently sized drainage holes in the pot bottoms are a must. It helps in keeping the soil moisturised at all times. Make use of mesh tape to prevent the soil leaking out. Mesh screens are also good as they enable the water to flow in easy manners. Pots without drainage facilities are also available. It is wise to buy them only when you become acquainted with watering process in comfortable manners. The beginners should prefer buying pots with the drainage facility that eases many problems. Plastic planters can be procured in different shapes and colors.
It is suggested to buy genuinely priced large Terracotta pots after grasping these simple tips.